The Mission of the Dolce Youth ChoirsOur mission is to provide a quality choral music experience that encourages young people to strengthen their individual character and personal singing ability while at the same time building a dedication to the choir and a deeper love for music. To achieve its mission: joyful expression, teamwork and a commitment to excellence are the cornerstone of the ultimate goal which is to regularly share beautiful and unique choral music locally and to the surrounding area.
Goals of the Dolce Youth Choirs
- Develop and encourage life-long learning, enjoyment, and love of music.
- Build and strengthen self-confidence through singing in a positive and supportive environment.
- Broaden each choir member’s view of the world through exposure to a variety of music from different cultures, styles, and historical periods.
- Develop musicianship through music history, music theory, sight-reading, ear training, vocal training, and performance.
- Provide opportunities for youth to serve the community and bless others through the gift of music.
- Participate in local, national, and international choral festivals to broaden musical education, experience, and perspective.
- To sing music to the glory of God.
Dolce Youth Choir Auditions for the 2013-2014 SeasonWe invite you to be a part of the choir program at Dolce. Call 512.591.7833 to schedule an audition beginning Aug 10th. Dolce Youth Choir director, Frank Linenberger, will kickoff the fall semester 2013 with the first rehearsal on Thursday, August 29th, from 6:00 to 7:15 pm. We are excited to offer this opportunity to young people who love to sing . Come experience the joy of singing with the Dolce Youth Choir. All voice students will be encouraged to participate in the monthly Voice Ensemble masterclass. This group will combine with the Dolce Youth Choir as part of their voice and performance training from 6:00 to 6:45 pm the last Thursday of each month. The next masterclass is scheduled for August 29th with David Pencil as director.
Andante Choir ~ ages 8 – 11 mixed (definition: Italian-going)
The Andante Choir introduces children to vocal development through an excellent repertoire of varying styles including Musical Theater pieces, contemporary, classical and pop styles to name a few. With an extensive background in vocal training and an amazing repertoire of musical performances, we are delighted to have Frank Linenberger as director of this choir. In addition to performing in the Christmas and Spring Concerts, this fun mixed choir performs locally and regionally.
Bella Voce Choir ~ ages 10 – 18 (definition: Italian-beautiful voices)Members of the Bella Voce Choir have the opportunity to sing together in this collaborative, fun, artistic group. Not only does it build friendships through the joy of making music, it also builds the vocal education of each member. Under the guidance of Frank Linenberger, the younger singers learn quickly from their more experienced role models; while the older members benefit from mentoring their younger choristers. Bella Voce Choir is scheduled to perform at community events such as the Harvest Festival, Christmas Stroll and Red Poppy Festival. The Choir rehearses weekly from 6:00-7:15 pm on Thursdays at Dolce Music Studio in Georgetown, TX.
Executive Director & Co-Founder – Brenda Bedell
Artistic Director & Co-Founder – Frank Linenberger
Voice Ensemble Director-David Pencil